Bail Bond Agent Requirements in North Carolina
Requirements to become a bail bondman agent in NC
If you’re wondering how to become a bail bondsman in North Carolina and what the bail bondsman requirements are, look no further.
What are the requirements for a bail bond license?
To be licensed as a Resident Bail Bondsman or Runner, you must meet the following qualifications in accordance with North Carolina General Statute §58- 71-50:
- You must be a resident of the state of North Carolina for at least six consecutive months before making application for a bail bondsman and/or bail bond runner license.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must never have a felony conviction.
- Have knowledge, training, or experience of sufficient duration and extent to provide the competence necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of a licensee.
- Have no outstanding bail bond obligations.
- Have no current or prior violations of Article 71 of Chapter 58 of the North Carolina General Statutes or of Article 26 of Chapter 15A of the North Carolina General Statutes.
- Not have been in any manner disqualified under North Carolina law or any other state to engage in the bail bond business.
- Hold a valid and current North Carolina driver’s license or valid North Carolina identification card issued by the Division of Motor Vehicles.